Grant Applications & Funding Information
What We Fund
The Columbus Area Future Fund restricts its support to 501(c)(3) organizations, government entities or other types of organizations using the funds for a charitable purpose. If your organization is not a 501(c)(3) or government organization, please contact us as you prepare your grant application so we can verify that the purpose is charitable.
Our grantmaking practices are guided by four key pillars:
Building local leadership
Expanding community philanthropy
Engaging youth and young people
We encourage grant requests for projects or programs that are consistent with our vision, mission and values and:
· Will have a broad impact on the quality of life for a significant number of people
· Propose ways to address community issues and problems
· Leverage other sources of support
· Encourage others to get involved in addressing community needs
· Are creative in their approach to solving problems or capturing opportunities
· Are responsive to changing or emerging community needs
· Help develop community leadership
· Engage young people in the community
· Support innovative approaches to economic development
· Are sustainable over time
What We Don’t Fund
The Columbus Area Future Fund cannot make grants to individuals, for political purposes including lobbying or legislative activity, for payment of interest or taxes, or for regranting. We do not usually give priority to funding for:
· Operating or maintenance expenses
· Membership fees
· Banquet or luncheon expenses
· Ticket sales for charitable fund-raising expenses
CAFF grants on an ongoing, annual basis. There is no set deadline for grant applications.
After we receive your completed application, our grantmaking committee will review the applications and may also reach out to your contact for more information if needed. The committee will then make recommendations for funding to the Fund Advisory Committee. We will notify you of our decision as soon as possible.
We cannot guarantee that every proposal will be funded or that you will receive the full amount you requested, but we will consider all applications.
Each grant request will be reviewed and evaluated on its own merit based on the contents of the application. For this reason, it is important to provide clear and complete responses to all information requested.